Click to Download: 2017-scholarship-foundation-application-final
BAGSF provides financial support to low-income, underserved and underrepresented students who are pursuing a college education. Additionally undocumented students are encouraged to apply.
Yearly, BAGSF awards twenty scholarships of $2,000; two of the twenty recipients who display community involvement and who excel academically will receive an additional $1,000. BAGSF is open to high school seniors expected to graduate in spring 2017, high school graduates, GED recipients, and students currently attending college. Each year, new and past applicants can apply using the most current year’s application.
• Financial need
• Academic achievement
• Community involvement: between June 2016- May 30, 2017 students must complete 25 volunteer hours at one or more community organizations
• Minimum 2.5 GPA (unweighted or weighted)
• Reside in the counties of San Francisco, San Mateo, or Santa Clara
• College applicant: must be enrolling or attending college in the fall 2017
• High school applicant: must be graduating in the 2016-2017 academic year
• Returning student applicant: (including those who did not go directly from high school to college and those who took a break before college graduation) must be enrolling or attending college in fall 2017
All BAGSF recipients are expected to:
• Attend Student Rehearsal Day: Scholarship recipients receive instructions for the 11th Anniversary Recognition & Fundraiser Dinner and meet our founder, and board members. Date: Saturday June 17, 2017.
• Attend 11th Anniversary Recognition & Fundraiser Dinner: Scholarship recipients are recognized and each will personally receive a scholarship check.
Date: Saturday July 8, 2017.
(If not present for these two events SCHOLARSHIP will NOT be given!)
• Complete volunteer form: provided by BAGSF
• Volunteer 5 hours for BAGSF
• Complete two BAGSF progress reports each scholarship year