BAGSF provides financial support to low-income, underserved and underrepresented students who are pursuing a college education. Additionally undocumented students are encouraged to apply.
Yearly, BAGSF awards thirty scholarships of $2,000; two of the thirty recipients who display community involvement and who excel academically will receive an additional $1,000. BAGSF is open to high school seniors expected to graduate in spring 2018, high school graduates, GED recipients, and students currently attending college. Each year, new and past applicants can apply using the most current year’s application.
• Financial need
• Academic achievement
• Community involvement: between June 2017- May 30, 2018 students must complete 25 volunteer hours at one or more community organizations
• Minimum 2.5 weighted GPA
• Reside in the counties of San Francisco, San Mateo, or Santa Clara
• College applicant: must be enrolling or attending college in the fall 2018
• High school applicant: must be graduating in the 2017-2018 academic year
• Returning student applicant: (including those who did not go directly from high school to college and those who took a break before college graduation) must be enrolling or attending college in fall 2018
All BAGSF recipients are required to:
• Attend Student Rehearsal Day: Scholarship recipients receive instructions for the 12th Anniversary Recognition & Fundraiser Dinner and meet our founder, and board members. Date: Saturday June 9, 2018.
• Attend 12th Anniversary Recognition & Fundraiser Dinner: Scholarship recipients are recognized and each will personally receive a scholarship check.
Date: Saturday July 21, 2018.
(If not present for these two events SCHOLARSHIP will NOT be given!)
• Complete volunteer form: provided by BAGSF
• Volunteer 5 hours for BAGSF
• Complete two BAGSF progress reports each scholarship year.
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION 2018-scholarship-application]]>
2016 Scholarship Recipients Video
2015 Scholarship Recipients Video
Feel free to purchase tickets by clicking on the following link:
Purchase Tickets @ Eventbrite
BAGSF celebrates its 11th Anniversary this year. To date we have awarded a total of 202 scholarships to deserving students. We have begun our 2017 fundraising campaign to ensure each student selected will receive a scholarship for $2,000. In 2016, the Board decided to provide Chromebooks to all the recipients in addition to the scholarship moving forward.
You have an opportunity to make a huge difference in the life of a student. These students have studied hard to get where they are today and are now ready to go to the next level of pursuing a college degree in a special area of interest that they feel passionate about.
BAGSF motto is Motivate, Encourage, and Invest in our future leaders!
Wei Sandy Ch
Carlos Marcia Valle
Thanks to you we had a record number of guests, with nearly 600 people, and raised $632,000 – the largest sum in the history of the gala. Above all else, I was so inspired and moved by the love, joy, and enthusiasm expressed and shared throughout the night. The entire evening was bursting with energy and excitement about the work of the Latino Community Foundation (LCF), our grantees, and our partners.
Our guest of honor, Darren Walker, and our 2016 awardees, Maricela Gutierrez and Catalino Tapia, embodied the heart and soul of LCF and reflected the critical role each of one of us can play to ensure a more equitable future for Latinos in California. I am so grateful for their leadership and unwavering commitment!
Read more at source: http://www.latinocf.org/gala.html]]>
Feel like supporting our cause? Great!
Even the smallest donation can make a difference!