2018 BAGSF Scholarships Application Requirements
BAGSF provides financial support to low-income, underserved and underrepresented students who are pursuing a college education. Additionally undocumented students are encouraged to apply.
Yearly, BAGSF awards thirty scholarships of $2,000; two of the thirty recipients who display community involvement and who excel academically will receive an additional $1,000. BAGSF is open to high school seniors expected to graduate in spring 2018, high school graduates, GED recipients, and students currently attending college. Each year, new and past applicants can apply using the most current year’s application.
• Financial need
• Academic achievement
• Community involvement: between June 2017- May 30, 2018 students must complete 25 volunteer hours at one or more community organizations
• Minimum 2.5 weighted GPA
• Reside in the counties of San Francisco, San Mateo, or Santa Clara
• College applicant: must be enrolling or attending college in the fall 2018
• High school applicant: must be graduating in the 2017-2018 academic year
• Returning student applicant: (including those who did not go directly from high school to college and those who took a break before college graduation) must be enrolling or attending college in fall 2018
All BAGSF recipients are required to:
• Attend Student Rehearsal Day: Scholarship recipients receive instructions for the 12th Anniversary Recognition & Fundraiser Dinner and meet our founder, and board members. Date: Saturday June 9, 2018.
• Attend 12th Anniversary Recognition & Fundraiser Dinner: Scholarship recipients are recognized and each will personally receive a scholarship check.
Date: Saturday July 21, 2018.
(If not present for these two events SCHOLARSHIP will NOT be given!)
• Complete volunteer form: provided by BAGSF
• Volunteer 5 hours for BAGSF
• Complete two BAGSF progress reports each scholarship year.
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION 2018-scholarship-application